I hereby inform you that the Law and Tax Firm Eptalex - Garzia Gasperi & Partners provides assistance to companies in the field of Conflict Minerals pursuant to Regulation (EU) 2017/821.
On 1 January 2021, Regulation (EU) 2017/821 came into force laying down supply chain due diligence obligations for Union importers of tin, tantalum and tungsten, their ores, and gold originating from conflict-affected and high-risk areas.
Regulation (EU) 2017/821 has established several due diligence obligations on importers, in order to boost compliance with the values of transparency, responsibility and sustainability in raw material supply chains.
Compliance with due diligence duties is guaranteed by the National Competent Authority for Responsible Minerals and Metals (so-called ANC3TG), which has corrective and sanctioning powers.
Importers will have to adopt internal procedures to ensure a system of custody and traceability of information on imported products, identifying and evaluating the risks present in their supply chain.
THE EXPERTISE OF THE LAW AND TAX FIRM EPTALEX - GARZIA GASPERI & PARTNERS
Eptalex professionals assist importing companies in the identification, prevention and mitigation of risks deriving from the import of minerals and metals, so that these imports do not represent an abuse of human rights, sources of conflict financing, nor do they integrate other risks included in Regulation (EU) 2017/821.
Eptalex guides the client in assessing the risk deriving from the importation of minerals and metals, and in particular:
- in the legal and technical verification of the client's compliance with the relevant national, European and international regulations;
- in the drafting of ad hoc procedures relating to the supply of relevant minerals and metals;
- in due diligence activities;
- in the analysis of contracts and in the drafting of specific contractual clauses on the matter;
- in the training and awareness-raising activity of the personnel in charge, focused on the company’s internal policies;
- in case of inspection activities by the authority.
We remain available for any clarification.